Smith Wrecker Service's Safety Tips
At Smith Wrecker Service, we feel that the safety of our clients should come first. An accident or breakdown can be a very stressful event for anyone. It can cost valuable time, and may lead a person to do irrational things. Because of these things, our team tries to help our customers as much as we can through trying situations.
Contact us today for a professional pick-up.
Tips to Keep You Safe:
- Turn on your emergency flashers.
- Try to move your vehicle to the right-hand side of the road, out of the direction of traffic. Stationing yourself on a divided highway’s left side is extremely dangerous so we suggest trying to get to the right, if possible.
- Do not leave your vehicle stopped in traffic.
- Move the vehicle as far away from traffic as you can. Try to get far enough from traffic so you have space to open your door without stepping out into traffic, and so people can see you.
- Be prepared for problem situations. Keep items in the vehicle, such as flashlights and a first-aid kit. Mobile phones in the vehicle are also a valuable safety tool during breakdowns.
- Know where items are in the vehicle, such as your jack, spare tire and other tools that are handy in basic repair situations.